poolIt provides support for storage virtualization by easily unifying different volumes in a storage pool. poolIt is a ble to work with USB sticks, Firewire devices, hard drives or network shares.
poolIt also allows you to add or remove volumes whenever you want. When you mount the pool its size will be the sum of the sizes of the devices added to it.
· 512 megabytes (MB) of RAM
· 20MB of available hard-disk space for installation
· Video adapter and monitor with Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution pdf viewer for viewing poolIt documentation (like Adobe Reader, for example) Internet connection for activating the product
· Only 2 file systems that can be added to a pool.
· Pooling of network drives disabled
· Exploring a pool's content in Pool Explorer is not available.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Adding AFP Shares to a pool on Mac OS X
· Aadds support for AFP shares in pools on Mac OS X computers.
· Removed Support for Mac OS X Leopard
· poolIt 1.6.1 drops the support for Mac OS X Leopard. You will not be able to upgrade to/install version 1.6.1 on machines running Mac OS X Leopard.
· Enabling Single Instance Storage Service on Pool
· Resolves a problem with pooled network shares, on which Single Instance Storage (SIS) service is enabled from Windows Server 2008 R2. Now users accessing pools that contain such members can normally rename files and folders on the pool.