iTool is a free multifunction utility for a complete system maintenance, it's easy to use, also for "the first time" users; iTool is built around a tabbed interface that lets you find quickly the wanted task.
iTool can perform automate processes that will run the chosen tasks, to handle your maintenance tasks with no fuss at all.
For those who don't want to fiddly with choices, iTool can guide you through a compact maintenance wizard called "Automate Assistant" that will help you troubleshoot problems within your system just with a few steps.
iTool not only maintains you system healthy, it also lets you tweak hidden functions of you Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) system.
Here are some key features of "iTool":
· Automate one or more tasks.
· Automate Assistant : the iTool Wizard.
· Switch off the Mac after the Automate process.
· Launch Time Machine from iTool before a maintenance process.
· iTool is creating a log for every error or task.
· Repair permissions.
· Periodic scripts (daily, weekly and monthly).
· Rebuild Launchservices database.
· Update the Prebindings.
· Re-index Spotlight.
· Re-index Mail's envelope.
· Restore the Help Viewer.
· Restore the Finder/Sidebar preferences.
· Delete system cache.
· Delete user cache.
· Delete the swap files.
· Force empty Trash.
· Secure force empty Trash.
· Delete a selected .DS_Store document.
· Delete all the.DS_Store documents.
· Delete the swap files.
· Delete the log files.
· User preference files.
· System preference files.
· POST (Power On Self Test).
· (Safari, Firefox 2 and Camino only).
· Cache clean.
· History clean.
· Cookies clean.
· Favicons clean.
· Change the the screenshot format.
· Toggle on/off the Dashboard.
· Toggle on/off the full path in the Finder.
· Toggle on/off the view of the invisibles files.
· Toggle on/off Safari Web Inspector.
· Toggle on/off Spotlight's calculator.
· Toggle on/off Spotlight's dictionary.
· Toggle on/off the transparency of hidden applications in the Dock.
· Toggle on/off the icons Dock animations.
· Toggle on/off the Quit button in the Finder.
· Toggle on/off the Dock in 2D and vice versa.
· Toggle on/off the focus in the Stack.
· Toggle on/off Safari's Status Bar.
· Toggle on/off the icons magnification in the Doc.
· System information: hardware and software.
· Log reader.
· Restart the Finder.
· Restart the Dock.
· Close all the applications.
· Show the active processes.
· Kill processes.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· NEW- Internet section: delete Safari recent researches.
· NEW – Tweak section/Stack: now you can add your recent applications within a Stack on the Dock.