XtraFinder is a free and very handy Finder plug-in designed to provide extra features to the Mac Finder.
The XtraFinder utility adds Finder tab support, enriched context menus, dual-pane / window mode, and so on.
However, because XtraFinder 's main goal is not to customize the Finder's appearance (colors, themes, etc.) but about adding extra functionality, the Finder will still look and feel the same.
Here are some key features of "XtraFinder":
· Tabs (experimental).
· Arrange folders on top.
· "Copy Path" menu.
· "Show Hidden Items", "Refresh", "New File", "Copy to", "Move to", "Launch as Root" ... actions.
· Cut & Paste.
· "Contents" menu displays contents of folder.
· "Select..." action let you quickly select items in a Finder window.
· Path bar enhancements: Spring-loaded, Contents menu.
· Maximize on Zoom.
· Dual Window.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed crash when opening Preferences in Mac OS 10.6.