VirtualKeyboard provides an on-screen keyboard designed to provide point-and-click typing capabilities via pointing devices such as a mouse, head pointer, trackball and more.
VirtualKeyboard is intended to be used by disabled persons but it can also prove useful if you need to teach children to write, to prepare kiosk environments or other activities that require visual explanations.
Here are some key features of "VirtualKeyboard":
· Fully functional on-screen keyboard floating above other applications.
· Works with US and international keyboard layouts
· Offers four, fully resizable, keyboard models: extended, standard, reduced and mini.
· Handles command-key combinations, modifier key-click combinations and auto-key repeat.
· Provides an option that makes the keyboard transparent (0-90%) when you move the cursor away.
· "Labels" feature: you can type text you use frequently (like a return address, letter head, signature, ecc.) into all Mac OS X applications simply select it from Label menu.
· Provides various visual and audio-feedback features including speaking what you type (the latter option is built-in for English).
· Self-minimizing keyboard: this feature automatically reduces the keyboard size if it is not used for a determined period of time.
· Open contextual menus when the left mouse button is hold pressed.
· 14 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Makes the keyboard visible in full screen mode with OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion";
· Adds GUI improvements and bug fixes.