Virtual ][ lets you play all the old Apple games, because it supports all graphics modes, lets you control the game paddles with a USB game pad or mouse and emulates the internal speaker.
When you want to temporarily interrupt gameplay, Virtual ][ allows you to save the entire virtual machine, and continue later on from where you left off.
But Virtual ][ also supports more "serious" software, because it emulates many peripheral devices: floppy disk, hard disk, mouse, matrix printer, even cassette tape! Virtual ][ is also able to emulate the Z80A processor, allowing you to run the CP/M operatng system.
And for the technically inclined: you can configure the machine by "inserting" and "removing" emulated peripheral cards, change the CPU speed, or even install your own emulated character generator ROM.
Here are some key features of "Virtual ][":
· Emulates the Apple ][, ][+ and //e
· Supports USB game pad and joystick
· Store a running machine and resume later on
· Full-screen mode
· Epson FX-80 and Imagewriter II emulation
· Many configurable peripheral cards
· Realistic sound effects, including Mockingboard emulation
· Convert original Apple II diskettes
· Index your Apple II disk images
· Debug Apple II programs
· "Evaluation Version" watermark in screen
· Pauses every five minutes
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed an incompatibility of the new sound emulation with Mac OS X 10.7