TrashTimer is a free and simple to use Mac OS X preference pane tool that will automatically remove files from the Trash.
The user can specify how long trashed files and folders should be kept in the trash before they are deleted. Additionally, trashed files can be deleted securely.
Here are some key features of "TrashTimer":
Automatic trash deletion:
· Automatically removes individual files or folders from the trash after a configurable period of time.
Secure trash deletion:
· Deletes trashed items securely for improved privacy.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fully tested with Mac OS 10.8.
· Solved a problem starting TrashTimer automatically on Mac OS 10.8.
· Removed support for Macs with PowerPC processors.