Mountain Lion Cache Cleaner is a powerful and intuitive Mac app designed to provide easy access to numerous OS X maintenance and utility options.
When used in combination with OS X's disk repair tools, Mountain Lion Cache Cleaner can be very effective in curing many system problems.
Mountain Lion Cache Cleaner helps simplify system maintenance chores with an easy point and click interface to many OS X functions.
MLCC Documents and the MLCC Engine can help maintain system health by providing set and forget automation of common maintenance chores. Used as directed, Mountain Lion Cache Cleaner can be a powerful tool to keep OS X running smoothly.
Here are some key features of "Mountain Lion Cache Cleaner":
· Powerful OS X system cache cleaning options.
· Powerful integrated antivirus protection via ClamAV.
· Flexible Finder cleaning options.
· Clean unneeded code from Universal Binaries.
· Clean ".DS_Store" window settings files.
· Clean damaged preference files.
· Clean and rebuild Spotlight metadata.
· Clean Internet browser caches.
· Clean archived system logs.
· Clean Login Items removing duplicate or orphaned items.
· Clean Virtual Memory swapfiles.
· Clean rootkits with chkrootkit.
· Clean malware by Using ClamAV to automatically scan downloads.
· Repair disk permissions.
· Repair OS 9 permissions.
· Repair Software Update Permissions.
· Repair root directory OS X symbolic links.
· Repair Energy Saver settings.
· Repair key system preference files automatically.
· Rebuild OS 9 Desktop alias.
· Rebuild the Services Menu.
· Rebuild application library prebindings.
· Rebuild LaunchServices database.
· Execute Mac OS X maintenance scripts.
· Test Disks SMART status for damage.
· Test LCD sceen for bad pixels.
· Test RAM for problems.
· Test laptop batteries.
· Test integrity of /Volumes directory.
· Optimize Internet settings and renew DHCP lease.
· Optimize, flush, and restart the lookupd daemon.
· Optimize Safari.
· Optimize file cache.
· Optimize free memory and inactive memory.
· Optimize files.
· Optimize performance by creating and using RAM disks.
· Optimize performance by automatically prioritizing applications.
· Customize hidden Mac OS X settings.
· Customize hidden Safari settings.
· Customize File System Journaling.
· Customize crashreporter daemon.
· Customize Safari web and icon caches.
· Customize Login Items and activate Login Items Folder.
· Customize Energy Saver by temporarily disabling sleep.
· Open applications with root privileges.
· Open the Finder with root privileges.
· Easy to use Spotlight manager.
· Easy to use process manager.
· Automatically update Finder windows.
· Preserve clipboard across boot cycles.
· Simple man page viewer.
· Restart system daemons.
· Kill or restart the Finder.
· Kill or restart the Dock.
· Kill or restart Dashboard.
· Force delete files and folders.
· Force empty trash.
· LCC Documents for one step access to maintenance chores.
· LCC Engine for fully automatic maintenance.
· Use in any user account.
· Use in Single User mode.
· Use on portable disk drives.
· Use on bootable emergency disks.
· Easy to use graphical interface - no Terminal required.
· Illustrated documentation.
· Universal Binary for PPC or Intel Macs.
· Start-up and shutdown Reminder Screens.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Adds the ability to view system info at login.
· Fixes reported issue with MLCC Menu Bar item.
· Updated for OS X 10.8.3.
· Minor optimizations and improvements.