SystemLoad is a diagnostic application assisting you in the detection of cooling or power supply problems with Apple Macintosh computers.
System Load can put a user-definable load onto one or more processors.
System Load can help in diagnosing the following issues:
· problems with the cooling system or temperature sensors,
· problems with chirping noise experienced on some G5 systems and some portable computers,
· problems with battery units of portable computers.
When desired, System Load can put the processor(s) under the maximum load possible, generating the highest possible temperatures and highest load on the power supply.
You so can verify if all components (CPUs, sensors, cooling subsystem, power supply unit, battery unit) are working correctly when they are pushed to their design limits.
No installation is required, no administrator permissions are needed, no changes are made in the operating system.
Here are some key features of "SystemLoad":
· Put each processor or processor core of your computer under an additional base load, selectable between 0 and 100 percent.
· Check if the voltage converters of your computer tend to oscillate. SystemLoad can try to play a scale on your power supply.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The application has been updated to support all the latest technologies available in current operating system versions. The minimum required system is now Mac OS X 10.6.8.
· The user interface has been revised.
· The reference manual has been revised.