Sleeps your Mac depending on the battery level
If the battery level drops below a certain point (default is less then 20% or 20 minutes) it will switch to sleep and hibernate.
So you have the best of both worlds. Furthermore it will expand the lifetime of your SSD (if you have one) as your MacBook won't write a hibernate file as often.
NOTE: SmartSleep can only be purchased via the Mac App Store (the buy link redirects you to its App Store page). To purchase/download applications via the App Store an Apple account is required.
- QuickSleep feature - sleep your Mac immediately the way you want.
- SmartSleep Menu Item - figure out the current Sleep State and QuickSleep.
- Insomnia feature in Menu Item to keep your Mac awake
- Five different sleep modes to chose from:
- system default
- smart sleep (if your Mac has a battery )
- sleep only
- hibernate only
- sleep and hibernate
- Does not need admin privileges:
- You do not need to have SmartSleep in your Dock to keep it running as you can enable to run it as a loginItem in the preferences.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added default overrides for pmset. SmartSleep uses pmset to set the values for sleep, hibernate, sleep and hibernate and system default. You can now override the values that SmartSleep uses: