Rsync is a fast and extraordinarily versatile file copying tool for both remote and local files.
Rsync uses a delta-transfer algorithm which provides a very fast method for bringing remote files into sync.
It does this by sending just the differences in the files across the link, without requiring that both sets of files are present at one of the ends of the link beforehand.
At first glance this may seem impossible because having to calculate diffs between two files normally requires local access to both files.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix a crash bug in checksum scanning when --inplace is used.
· Fix a hang if a hard-linked file cannot be opened by the sender (e.g. if it has no read permission).
· Fix preservation of a symlink's system xattrs (e.g. selinux) on Linux.
· Fix a memory leak in the xattr code.
· Fixed a bug with --delete-excluded when a filter merge file has a rule that specifies a receiver-only side restriction.
· Fix a bug with the modifying of unwritable directories.
· Fix --fake-super's interaction with --link-dest same-file comparisons.
· Fix the updating of the curr_dir buffer to avoid a duplicate slash.
· Fix the directory permissions on an implied dot-dir when using --relative (e.g. /outside/path/././send/path).
· Fixed some too-long sleeping instances when using --bwlimit.
· Fixed when symlink ownership difference-checking gets compiled into unchanged_attrs().
· Improved the socket-error reporting when multiple protocols fail.
· Fixed a case where a socket error could reference just-freed memory.
· Failing t...