Helps you tag your files and bookmarks
Built from the ground up to complement OS X's Spotlight, Punakea helps you tag your bookmarks and files, setting you free from Finder's strict folder structure.
Tags are managed by Punakea like keywords that can aid you in grouping files that have something in common. To make your task easier, Punakea will allow you to assign as many tags as you want to each file.
- Tag your files - Ever had the feeling that a file didn't fit into a single folder? Did you always feel uncomfortable with the deeply nested folder hierarchies? Then just tag your files with as many tags as you want and you will never be confined to your folders again!
- Let Punakea take care of your files - Punakea can even spare you the hassle of putting your files into folders at all. You are tagging them after all, why should you need folders? If you tell Punakea to do so, it will manage all the files you are tagging by putting them in a seperate folder, so you never have to worry about a cluttered desktop anymore! Of course, this can be switched on the fly, so even if you default to let Punakea manage your files, you can drop files without having them moved by pressing the option key while dropping.
- Manage your bookmarks - Are you using multiple browsers regularly? Even if you don't this feature might come in handy: just drag the little icon left to the URL in your browser's address bar (works in Safari and Camino at the moment) to Punakea Sidebar and it will create a bookmark (.webloc file). Using the tag navigation, you can then open the bookmarks in your current favorite browser any time!
- Spotlight Integration - This is one of our favorites: use spotlight to search for your tagged files! By keeping the tags in the files spotlight comment, spotlight is able to find your files right away, without even starting Punakea!
- Always there - Opening a separate window every time you want to add a single tag on a file seems a little tedious, right? With Punakea, you have your tags always right where you want them, just a mouse flick away. Point your cursor to the edge of the desktop and the Punakea Sidebar will appear - ready for you to drop your file on your tags!
- Quick tag access - You don't have to use the mouse to select a tag - use the cursor keys on your keyboard to freely navigate the cloud and press enter to activate the selected tag! But even so, the tag cloud can get a bit cluttered over the course of time. If you want to search for your tags, just start typing the first letters of it, you will narrow down on the desired one instantly
- Filtering by file type - arrow down the displayed tags quickly by selecting an appropriate file type. The tag cloud and the results view will now only show tags and tagged files relevant for this type!
- Favorites - Is there a tag combination you are often selecting? With favorites, you can now easily create sets of tags, just by dropping them on the sidebar. Clicking on them, you can now select as many tags at once as you like!
- Smart Folders - Access your tags on the desktop or in the finder - just drag'n'drop a tag to where you want the smart folder to be, always containing your tag's files.
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed Open With menu when in thumbnail view
- Fixed crash when clicking on menubar item