Paragon ExtFS is a low-level file system driver specially developed to bridge file system incompatibility between Mac OS X and Linux machines by providing full read/write access to the Ext2, Ext3 and Ext4 file systems under Mac OS X.
Based on the Paragon UFSDTM (Universal File System Driver) technology our driver enables to provide fast and transparent access to ExtFS partitions as Mac OS X-native, thus achieving an unprecedented high level of performance (similar to HFS Plus).
Mac OS X programs can process such partitions without any restrictions – browse contents, read and modify files, copy and create new files and folders, etc.
· Large hard disks (up to 1,5 TB tested)
· IDE, SCSI and SATA hard disks
· FireWire (i.e. IEEE1394), USB 1.0, USB 2.0 hard disks, ZIP and Jazz disks
· PC card storage devices (all types of flash memory, etc.)
NOTE: To use Paragon ExtFS 9.0 Beta you must register free of charge HERE.
Here are some key features of "Paragon ExtFS":
· Easy to install: The driver is easily installed through a user-friendly wizard
· Easy to use: Mount any Ext2, Ext3, Ext4 drives like it is part of the native Mac OS X file system.
· Auto-mount: Automatic mounting of Ext2/3/4 volumes
· Full read/write access: Fast and transparent full read/write access of Ext2/3/4 Partitions under Mac OS X
· High Performance: Transfer rate is similar to the native Mac OS Extended file system performance
· Non roman characters supported: Including Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Russian characters
· Additional disk utilities: Fully integrated in Mac Disk Utility which enables you to check and repair Ext2/3/4 volumes and create/format Ext2/3/4 volumes
· Advanced support of the Ext2/3/4 FS file system: Features to guarantee data consistency (such as Hardlinks, Symlinks).
· RAM: 256 MB
· 10 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and OS X 10.7 Lion full support
· Program core engine was seriously improved to deliver even more stability and performance