There are lots of files on your computer that you can't see. Apple has conveniantly hidden many system files from you, so that your computer doesnt't look like an ugly, cluttered mess.
However, they have not provided any easy way to create your own hidden files, or even to view theirs.
Ghost provides a simple, user friendly way to do both of these things. Simply drag and drop a file or folder into the list, then uncheck (or check) its checkbox and the item will be instantly hidden or un-hidden.
NOTE: Ghost is not a way to encypt or secure files, any Mac saavy person can easily acess your hidden files. It is simply to remove things out of plain sight, and keep them out of mind when you don't want them in your way. If you would like to be extra careful, you could encrypt a file using BitEncrypt and hide it with Ghost...
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added Sparkle Auto-Update, and made some minor bug fixes.
· Ghost now quits when the last window (hint: there's only one) is closed.
· Added some funny tooltips.
· TRIED to fix a couple little bugs with the checkboxes but they're just SO hard to reference... I stopped you all from trying to hide your Hard Drives (of course I just *know* you'll find a way around my simple ban on typing "/" into the list).
· Fixed a little bug with the interface where it spawned a new column if you stretched it past 1000 pixels or so.