OSXFUSE is a streamlined utility that helps you extend your Mac's native file handling capabilities via third-party file systems.
OSXFUSE comes as an alternative for the MacDUSE, a software building block used by numerous products that has been discontinued.
After installing the OSXFUSE software package you will be able to use any third-party file system written atop OSXFUSE or MacFUSE.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for fcntl F_FULLFSYNC. See issue #79: "Calling fcntl(..., F_FULLFSYNC) on osxfuse volume returns "Invalid argument" error"
· Addressed an issue, that could in rare cases lead to a file system deadlock and cause a kernel panic when using mount-time option nosyncwrites. The issue could be triggered by flushing the kernel's file cache.
· Fixed a bug, that could trigger a kernel panic when creating a new file on a distributed file system failed. Only FUSE file system implementing the FUSE_CREATE call were affected by this issue. Tracked as issue #84: "kernel panic related to fuse_ipc.h"
· Plugged a memory leak, that occurred when looking up a file or directory fails because it does not exist. The issue is fixed by properly releasing the otherwise leaked ticket in fuse_vnop_lookup.
· Plugged a memory leak, that occurred when setting an extended attribute failed because of its size. The leak was caused by not releasing the ticket in case fdisp_make_vp_canfail fa...