Symantec's Norton AntiVirus is an antivirus solution that automatically removes viruses from email attachments, Internet downloads, and other sources, without interrupting your work.
Now it also finds and removes PC viruses to ensure that you don't spread infections to friends and colleagues. Symantec's exclusive LiveUpdate technology helps protect against the latest threats by automatically checking for new virus definitions and downloading them to your computer over the Internet.
Protect your data with Norton AntiVirus for Macintosh. Don't let viruses destroy it.
Here are some key features of "Norton AntiVirus X":
· Automatically detects and removes viruses and worms — Offers automatic protection against the latest threats with set-and-forget ease.
· Scans and cleans downloaded files and email attachments — Detects and removes threats so you can download and share files without spreading infections.
· Automatically updates for continuous protection from the latest threats — Security updates provide up-to-date protection during your subscription period.
· Protects against attacks that target software vulnerabilities — Prevents cyber criminals from using security holes in your operating systems, applications, browsers and browser plug-ins to steal your identity.
· Works with new Mac OS X v10.6 — Runs natively on Intel and PowerPC based Mac systems. Takes full advantage of advanced features in Mac OS X v10.6 to help you better protect your computer.
· Even easier to use — The new and improved dashboard widget lets you quickly and easily check virus protection status and get the latest info on current threats directly from the experts at Symantec Security Response.
· Includes all-new Norton AntiVirus dashboard widget.
· Detects and removes viruses, Trojan horses, and rootkits.
· Vulnerability Protection prevents identity thieves from exploiting security holes in your operating system, applications, browsers, and browser plug-ins.
· Automatically scans emails and IMs for threats so you can exchange files freely.
· Stops fast-spreading Internet worms from getting on to your system.
· Security updates provide up-to-date protection during your subscription period.
· Runs in the background so you can work, browse the web, watch movies or play games without any noticeable impact on performance.
· Free 24x7 online technical support.
· Automatically downloads protection updates as they become available during your subscription period.
· AntiVirus Protection: Award-winning technology protects your Mac, iPhoto, iTunes, iMovie, and other files from viruses, spyware, and other threats without slowing it down.
· Vulnerability Protection: Prevents cybercriminals from using vulnerabilities in applications and other software to sneak threats onto your Mac.
· Daily Protection Updates: Run in the background to protect your Mac® from new, late-breaking threats.
· Minimum Hardware Requirements for Norton AntiVirus 12 for Mac:
· Mac system with Intel Core 2 Duo processor
· 2 GB of RAM
· 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
· Internet connection required for LiveUpdate security updates
· CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
· Minimum Hardware Requirements for Norton AntiVirus 11 for Mac:
· Macintosh system with PowerPC or Intel Core processor
· 250 MB of available hard disk space
· Internet connection required for LiveUpdate
· CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
· 14 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The user interface has a new color scheme.
· Virus definitions now load faster.