InsomniaX has been created for people that want to use their MacBook to go war walking, use it as a big juke-box or as the best looking server ever, particularly at about one inch height.
InsomniaX is a free and small utility that acts as a wrapper to the Insomnia kernel extension.
To install simply copy the application to your "Applications" folder or a writable folder
How to Use
InsomniaX is very straight forward application to use, simply run InsomniaX and a small icon will appear in the menu bar that resembles a blue face, on your first load you will be presented with some dialogs and a authentication dialog while InsomniaX installs.
After InsomniaX has installed Insomnia, click on its menu bar icon and you will be presented with a menu, see the below sections for more information
Warning: Using your Mac with closed lid can lead to serious system heat problems!
· Apple laptop.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Insomnia is now r9 (Fixes issue where system will not sleep when unloaded with lid closed)
· Fixed issue with CPU Safety menu item not working correctly
· Insomnia will not load if it detects org.binaervarianz.driver.insomnia loaded
· CPU Safety has been lowered to 80 degrees celsius
· Status Icons are changed to use two different sections to better visualise modes
· Retina support has been added