WARNING: Do not use with Lion! The kernel module will cause a system panic on boot up with Lion in a non-deterministic fashion, most likely a race condition on the kernel driver load sequence. Use the uninstaller in safe boot mode if it had been installed already.
InsomniaT is a free rebuild of Insomnia for Snow Leopard that will work on both 32-bit and 64-bit kernel modes.
Insomnia solves a useful missing feature - disabling the sleep mode on a Apple laptop.
The name of the client is insomniat under /usr/local/bin.
To disable sleep:
To enable sleep:
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/InsomniaT.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/InsomniaT.kext
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/insomniat
sudo rm -rf /Application/Utilities/InsomniaT.app
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Development, build and test environment is now on Mac OSX Lion.
· Detects Lion when displaying the ambient light message and sets it appropriately.
· Rewrite of the kernel driver to use a logic that would prevent the memory leak/infinite loop in IOUserClient.cpp
· Detects if InsomniaT is already installed and requests uninstallation before installation. (This cannot be done automatically, running the uninstaller from the installer sometimes does not remove the bundle).
· Logging is always on, cannot be turned off anymore and will generate a lot of log messages on kernel.log, this is intentional as it would help in diagnosing problems on other systems.