Indigo allows you to control popular X10 and INSTEON hardware devices via a home control server that provides extensive automation options.
Indigo is able to run as a standalone application or in a client/server mode. However, you must first run the Indigo installer on the main Mac (that will be considered to be the server) and start the server to which the home automation interface hardware will connect.
Once the Indigo Server is started in client/server mode, you will be able to access it remotely from other Macs using the Indigo Client or a web browser, or via your iPhone or iPod Touch using Indigo Touch.
NOTE: If you do not have the required hardware, you can still use the Indigo software in offline mode.
Here are some key features of "Indigo":
· Remotely control lights, fans, appliances, thermostats, sprinkler systems, etc., from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using Indigo Touch, from any Web browser and from a variety of handheld remote controls.
· Incorporate motion detectors to turn on lights or other devices, or even to detect the direction someone is walking.
· Automatically send emails based on events, like power failure or motion detection.
· Automatically turn on landscape or holiday lighting at sunset and off at sunrise.
· Create complex conditionals on Triggers and Schedules using an intuitive rule builder (like email filters in Mail app) with no scripting.
· Create different lighting scenes, for example “Party,” “Movie,” “Sleeping,” “Away,” for perfect multi-room lighting levels at the touch of a button.
· Save money and energy by automating your thermostat usage. (Pro only feature)
· Save money and reduce water usage by automating your sprinkler usage. (Pro only feature)
· Remotely control any appliance or light, even your hot tub, from your mobile phone by sending Indigo an email. (Pro only feature)
· Remotely control iTunes and dozens of other applications. (Pro only feature)
· Incredible flexibility for thousands of other uses -- use your imagination!
· INSTEON or X10 computer interface: PowerLinc Modem (2412U / 2412S / 2413U / 2413S / 2448A7), PowerLinc V2 (2414U), PowerLinc Controller (1132CU), PowerLinc USB (1132U), ActiveHome Pro (CM15A), ActiveHome (CM11), or LynX-PLC
· Intel or PowerPC G5 or G4 (867 MHz or higher) processor
· 45 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added Z-Wave support for 2GIG Thermostat (CT100). For full functionality Indigo requires the thermostat to be AC (not battery) powered.
· Added Z-Wave support for Honeywell Z-Wave Thermostat (TH8320ZW1000).
· Added Z-Wave support for reading energy information (watts and kilowatt hours) from Aeotec Smart Energy Switch (DSC06106) and Illuminator (DSC08101).
· Modified INSTEON device syncing to allow syncing of modules that specify a bad firmware version (second attempt at this fix).
· Fixed bug when coloring selected text in columns in the device table.
· Fixed bug that would sometimes allow the device list side of the split view in the main window to become too small.
· Fixed bug that prevented 1-Wire temperature sensor connected to Fibaro Door/Window Sensors (FGK101) from displaying.
· Timers Plugin: fixed stack trace that would sometimes appear in the event log when a timer expired.
Developer API Changes:
· Plugin API version number has been incremented to v1.9.