FileChute is a very easy to use and setup application that gives you the possibility to quickly send files across the internet.
To use FileChute you need to have access to a FTP or WebDAV enabled web server or a Dropbox account.
Once you input your credentials and setup the web server, all you have to do is drag an drop the file you want to share on top of the main window.
FileChute will automatically upload the file to the server and generate a public link that you can send to the recipient.
Here are some key features of "FileChute":
· On-the-fly archiving (zip, tar or dmg) so sending multiple files or folders is as easy as sending a single file.
· Automatic obfuscating of filenames to keep your files more secure.
· On-the-fly encryption (.dmg only) for even better security.
· Auto delete files on server after a configurable number of days.
· Generate short URLs using SnipURL.
· Apple .Mac account.
· EarthLink account.
· Account on a WebDAV-enabled webserver.
· Account on an FTP-accessible webserve.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated to support Dropbox changes to the Public folder.
· Fixed an issue where the progress indicator stayed visible even after upload has completed.