FileMaker Pro Advanced and FileMaker Developer do not directly show whether Debug Scripts is On or Off. The only way to to find out, is to click on the Scripts or Tools menu and see whether the Debug Scripts menu item has its check-mark set.
This turns out to be very inconvenient, since after modifying a script, you never know for sure what's happening when you perform it from within the 'Define Scripts for...' dialog.
FMMenulet will provide a solution to this problem by constantly reflecting the current state of the Debug Scripts check mark with an icon in the system menu-bar. Moreover, clicking on this icon toggles the state of that check mark and thus switches Debug Scripts on and off.
These icons will be shown in the top right of the menu bar, depending on the state and version of the frontmost FileMaker Pro application:
· No FileMaker Pro version is the frontmost application
· FileMaker Pro is frontmost, Debug Scripts is Off
· FileMaker Pro is frontmost, Debug Scripts is On
· FileMaker Pro Developer 6 and 7
· FileMaker Pro Advanced 8 and 8.5.