Compare FileMaker Pro files or files saved as Clone without the need of any further software
FMDiff reads two files simultaneously and follows the file's internal structure. Whenever it discovers any deviation this will be reported. It stops when it encounters a structural error with an appropriate error message.
This adds tremendously to security in two distinct ways:
· The structure is checked whether it is well-formed
· The structure and definitions are compared with a known good copy or Clone
It does not test or compare any data entered though, except the number of record changes in the tables are shown.
FMDiff uses the file name and the internal element IDs to track identity. While files must maintain their names to be recognized, tables, fields, or other elements, may be renamed. Changes of names will be reported.
Elements that change temporarily, like Last find request, Sort order, list sequences of Tables, Fields, Value lists, Scripts, etc., or are related to data entered, are skipped.
- compare FileMaker Pro files against backups or clones
- show a file's Recover count (trust in the state of the file)
- unveil a file's unchangeable creation date (prove of ownership)
- list system and FileMaker version counts the file was used with
- check for obvious and hidden file corruption
- run super-fast!
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 3.0.6
- New: rewrite of more code using the Scheme language
- Addition of a total of 1,500 test routines
- Optimized for speed
- New application icon (due to FileMaker Inc. legal department)