Disklens is an application that enables its users to find files and folders on their Mac.
Disklens sorts the results based on categories and their importance, an useful feature for those that need to find a certain type of file.
Here are some key features of "Disklens":
· Performs an extensive search
· Drill-down into categories
· Create search result copies
· View quick details
· Inline preview
· Provides a customizable shortcut
· 15 days trial.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Spotlight Comments (Tags):
In addition to searching by title or text content, Disklens will now find files and folders by their Spotlight comments as well:
· There’s a new “Tags” category, containing all results whose Spotlight comments (tags) match the search terms (in addition to their usual classification such as Documents, Messages, etc.).
· This little feature opens up a whole new way of organizing and finding information on your Mac. By tagging files and folders with, say, project, customer name, family event, camera model, sports activity, you name it, you basically add another dimension to search and discoverability.
· To tag a file or folder, hit Cmd+I in Finder, and enter the tags in the “Spotlight comments” field.
In drill-down, the result list now groups search results by month:
· Small improvement, but it adds valuable information in a very unintrusive way.
· There’s a new preferences user interface for configuring inclusion and ordering ...