DiskWarrior is the safest, most technologically advanced, most powerful utility to eliminate directory damage available for any computer.
DiskWarrior uses a different approach to disk directory repair than other programs. DiskWarrior is not a disk repair program in the conventional sense.
Instead of patching the original directory, it uses a patent-pending technology to quickly build a new replacement directory using data recovered from the original directory, thereby recovering files, folders and documents that you thought were lost and that no other program could recover.
How does DiskWarrior recover data no one else can?
At Alsoft, we know that the most important thing when you are attempting to repair your disks is getting your data back. That's why the first thing DiskWarrior does is scavenge your original directory to find all the file data it can. It then uses this data to build an entirely new replacement directory.
DiskWarrior is the only software application that will find all of your data.
Its patent-pending method always results in a perfectly rebuilt directory without any errors and that contains all of your file and folder data.
Here are some key features of "DiskWarrior":
· Universal Binary.
· Repairs invalid file permissions.
· Finds corrupted Preference (.plist) files.
· Optimizes, repairs and rebuilds FileVaults.
· Tests the length of path names for each item on your drive.
· Fully supports case-sensitive file names.
· Rebuilds Attribute B-trees.
· Repairs and rebuilds Access Control Lists (ACLs).
· Uses directory data to quickly rebuild the directory structure.
· Eliminates risk of losing access to files other disk "repair" utilities attempt to fix the directory by patching the directory structure and risk deleting sections of the directory.
· Scavenges directory to find all salvageable file and folder data, even data contained in damaged nodes.
· Eliminates unseen directory errors, preventing minor directory errors from escalating into major problems.
· Recovers missing files and folders.
· Optimizes directory for maximum directory performance, speeding up overall disk performance.
· Monitors drive hardware for potential drive failure.
· Verification of replacement directory ensures data integrity.
· Comparison of original directory with replacement directory tells you which files and folders may have been affected by directory damage.
· Patented preview feature to view what the disk will look like after the directory is rebuilt, allowing you to view files and folders before any directory changes are written to disk.
· Repairs damaged boot blocks and blesses the system folder to ensure that the computer will start from the repaired disk.
· Checks custom icon files for corruption, eliminating a common cause of system crashes.
· Repairs problems with wrapper volume System files caused when HFS Plus disks are initialized under Mac OS 9.0 - 9.0.4
· Safely permits interruptions of any kind, including power outages.
· Advanced "Verify Reads and Writes" technology protects your data.
· Supports bad block sparing software.
· Supports file journaling (Mac OS X 10.2.2 or later).
· A G3 Mac or better (such as a G4, G5 or any Intel processor) with built-in FireWire.
· A minimum 256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended).
· The computer must also have the latest firmware updates installed.
· The disk to be rebuilt must be locally connected and must not be write protected.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release features ongoing internal enhancements for speed and improved repair.