DiskTools Pro is an application that can be used to repair and manage your hard drive, as well as perform other maintenance tasks.
DiskTools Pro allows you to schedule defragments, repair or backup operations. It doesn't require you to run tools from a separate DVD or CD.
This is an updater that allows you to bring your DiskTools Pro installation to the latest version.
Here are some key features of "DiskTools Pro":
· Schedule operations
· Easily defragment your hard drive
· Allows you to create bootable backups
· Can be used to fix bad sectors on your hard drive
· Quick benchmark creation
· Displays alerts on huge hard drive stress
· Doesn't require additional media
· PowerPC G4 or later.
· 256MB RAM
· 80MB for Program Installation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now fully compatible with MacOS 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
· Now code-signed for MacOS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) Gate Keeper feature.
· Improved status information for Volume Backups.
· The SMART Alarm Status Menu now displays device location (i.e. "Internal bay 1" ) and other new information.
· Added several new Threshold ID descriptions (mostly for new SSD devices) to both DiskTools Pro and SMART Alarm applications.
· When performing a Volume Backup to external drives (with "Erase Destination" enabled), your Mac will no longer ask you if your want to use the drive for Time Machine after erase and remount has finished. Subsequent re-mounts to your external drives will continue to ask.
· Fixed an issue that could prevent SpeedTools from starting up properly in rare situations.
· Fixed issue where displaying large icons could appear "bit-maped".
· Fixed issue that would sometimes prevent the SMART Alarm Status Menu from starting at login on MacOS 10.7 and later.
· Fixed issue where someti...