Your rights to use this update are subject to the terms of the software license agreement that follows and accompanies the update. By downloading or using this update, you accept the terms of the software license agreement.
You can only use this to restore the firmware after an interrupted or unsuccessful update. If your computer is already in this state, you'll need to download the software and create the CD on another Macintosh computer, or you can take your computer to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to restore your firmware. This CD can be created on either a PowerPC- or Intel-based Mac, but only works with Intel-based Macs.
Note: By restoring your firmware, you will reset some of your computer's settings to defaults.
1) Launch Disk Utility (located in /Applications/Utilities).
2) Click on the Burn icon or select the "Burn..."menu from the Images menu.
3) Navigate to where FirmwareRestorationCD.dmg is located and click the Burn button.
4) Insert a blank recordable CD or DVD.
5) Click the Burn button to create the Firmware Restoration CD.
The files are burned to the disc.
Using the Firmware Restoration CD, restore your Firmware back to factory condition:
6) Insure that the machine you are trying to restore is plugged into an AC outlet.
7) Power on the computer and hold down the power button until the LED blinks rapidly followed immediately by a successive series of blinks (3 quick blinks, 3 slow blinks, 3 quick blinks), then release the Power button.
8) Insert the Firmware Restoration CD into the optical drive.
After 30-60 seconds, the startup beep sound is played and a progress bar appears beneath the Apple logo on a gray screen.
The progress bar indicates the firmware is being updated.
DO NOT unplug, shut down, or restart the computer during the update or you will need to restart the restoration process beginning with step 6.
9) The computer will restart automatically after the firmware is updated.
This information is also available at the following url: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n303469
You must first agree to the SLA agreement before downloading or using this update:
Software License Agreement
To restore your computer's firmware, first create a CD using the disk image named "FirmwareRestorationCD.dmg".
NOTE: To download Apple Firmware Restoration CD 1.9 you must accept the Software License Agreement for Firmware Restoration CD 1.9. You will find the download button on the bottom of the Software License Agreement page.