Each time you install a new application, depending on its requirements, it will place several files on your system in different locations.
When you uninstall the said application using regular methods, those files will most likely remain untouched on your drive.
iTrash is designed to find all the files related to an application and will quickly delete them, helping you to maintain your Mac's performance.
Here are some key features of "iTrash":
· Ghost Mode: Background mode. Drop something into the trash and iTrash pops up.
· File Protection: Protect default, custom and related applications files.
· History Log: Keeps a log of all activities.
· Lost Files (Orphans): This enables you to find related files that are obsolete (Application is not pressent anymore).
· Expert Mode: Using the Levenshtein Distance search algorithm it can trace down more possible
· Applications Lister: Shows all installed applications, widgets, prefpanes, ... on ALL available volumes.
· Simple drag&drop: Drag an application, widget, prefpane, .. to the main window to reveal related files.
· OS X 10.7 Lion ready: Enabled 'Put Back' feature. Quicklook support.
· Localized: English, Dutch, Slovak, Spanish, Polish, German, French, Italian, Persian, Turkish and Portuguese.
· Sparkle: Keep your version up-to-date.
· Limited to 3 uses.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Optimised search algorithm
· Fixed issue reading version number of applications.
· Fixed issue when updating applications with Sparkle.