AppDelete Lite is a special Mac App Store version of the popular uninstaller AppDelete. AppDelete Lite will help remove not only Applications but also Preference Panes, Plugins, Widgets, and Screensavers along with all their associated files.
Without AppDelete Lite these associated items will be left behind to take up space and potentially cause issues. For a proper uninstall don't just delete but be sure to use AppDelete Lite!
You can drag any item that can be uninstalled onto AppDelete Lite: Applications, Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, Screensavers, etc. You can also activate AppDelete in many ways: Dragging items onto main window, onto dock icon, selecting in menu, throwing items in the trash, dragging from Launchpad, etc.
When the preview screen appears you can uncheck any items you would like to exclude. You also have several choices: Delete the items, log only the items, or archive (copy) the items to a .zip file for safekeeping or reinstall at a later date.
The items you delete will be logged and then you can move them quickly to the trash by clicking on the links in the AppDelete Lite Info panel and revealing them in Finder.
There are various options to make your AppDelete Lite experience complete: Quick search panels to help choose items for deletion, various filters to help you search by date/size or even clean up old PPC apps, an Orphans feature to search for and delete orphaned files, Trash Monitoring so that simply throwing an app in the trash will activate AppDelete, and more...Try it today!
NOTE: To buy AppDelete Lite via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "AppDelete Lite":
· Optimized for Lion (Snow Leopard compatible)
· Helps delete Apps, Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, Screensavers, or anything that can be uninstalled and their associated items
· Thirteen included languages (English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, and Swedish)
· 64-bit performance
· Finds associated items that are visible, invisible, or hidden automatically
· Quick panels with filtering in the menu (Name, Size, Kind, Creation Date, Last Used Date)
· Pathnames in AppDelete Lite Info panel are clickable and will Reveal in Finder
· Icons in AppDelete Lite Info panel are clickable and will show Finder Get Info panel
· Quick panels have a search field to find items fast
· Can drop folders onto AppDelete to find items inside for deletion
· Detects Apps and other items placed in trash
· Orphans feature to find and remove "orphaned" files
· Archive feature for safekeeping and transferring items to another Mac
· Log to record all activity
· Preference to protect Default apps
· Cannot move the associated files that are found to the trash
· No Undo (there is no longer a need)
· No Force Empty Trash
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed bug that could cause AppDelete to crash when deleting files
· Retina-fix for app icon
· Other miscellaneous fixes