pass is an open source and powerful password storing command line utility that stores passwords inside gpg encrypted files inside a simple directory tree residing at $HOME/.password-store.
The pass utility provides its users with a series of commands for easily manipulating the password store, allowing the user to quickly add, remove, edit, synchronize, generate, and manipulate passwords.
Detailed instructions on how to install the pass tool, as well as how to use it on your Mac, are available HERE.
INSTALLATION: The recommended way to install pass on a Mac is to use Homebrew, by running the following command from the Terminal:
brew install pass
· Apple Xcode (to build from source)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· On insert, no-echo mode is now default, with the --echo mode to turn on echoing of passwords.
· Cosmetic changes with the tree display
· Addition of lastpass2pass.rb importer
· Man page typos
· Bug fix for backslashes when reading passwords