Wipe Free Space GUI is an easy to use and multi-platform app designed for securely erasing free space on file systems to prevent the recovery of deleted sensitive data.
The Wipe Free Space GUI program will help you securely wipe the free space on an ext2, ext3, ext4, NTFS, XFS, ReiserFSv3, ReiserFSv4, FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, MinixFSv1 and MinixFSv2 partition or drive.
· Java 1.6 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is a maintenance release. Fixed some of the warnings found by the "findbugs" program.
· WipeFreeSpaceGUIView.java (startButActionPerformed, stopButActionPerformed): reporting more exceptions.
· ProgressUpdater.java (startProcessing): checking if our updater has been successfully submitted and re-submitting if not
· ProgressUpdater.java (stop): removed the unnecessary Thread.sleep().
· ProgressUpdater.java: made the "queue" field non-static.
· WipeFreeSpaceGUIView.java (saveConfButActionPerformed): corrected a possible null pointer.
· WipeFreeSpaceGUIView.java (readConfig): simplified reading the configuration file a bit.
· WipeFreeSpaceGUI.java (getArgs): returning a copy of the arguments passed on the command line.
· ConfigFile.java (write): improved performance and memory usage by using a StringBuilder.
· WipeFreeSpaceGUIAboutBox.java (getFileContents): improved performance and memory usage by using a StringBuilder.
· README: fixed typos