Watchmac is a tool that allows you to monitor and stop unwanted access to your Mac. Watchmac monitors your Mac for possible infringements, like the times someone tries to unlock the screensaver but fails to enter the correct password.
Watchmac comes equipped with a large array of trustworthy sensors that can detect all kinds of unauthorized use of your Mac.
Here are some key features of "Watchmac":
Set and Forget:
· Watchmac is a set-and-forget solution. Just turn it on and leave the rest to Watchmac. It will inform you as seen as anything happens.
· Watchmac keeps a history of all infringements that have occured. So you don't have to react instantly and don't miss anything either.
A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words:
· Knowing when something potentially dangerous happens is great. But wouldn't it be even better if you knew what the bad guy looks like? No problem-Watchmac will take pictures using your Mac's iSight.
Ring a Bell:
· Recording infringements is great. But playing an alert sound will actually put the bad guy on the run in an instant. Watchmac is the one that can do just that.
· If you wish, you can make Watchmac work just the way you want it to. Choose what infringements Watchmac will observe and how it will handle them. But if you don't want to, you need not even change preferences once. It just works-out of the box.
· Watchmac even integrates with the terminal, so you can control Watchmac from a script. Maybe you want to turn it on and off on a schedule.
· For taking pictures: Integrated or external iSight (works with MacBook, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, as well as with iMac).
· For sudden motion detection: MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro or PowerBook G4 (Early 2005) or iBook (Mid 2005).
· 15 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This update requires OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or later.
· Updated Growl support for improved performance on OS X 10.7 and later.
· Corrected a few errors in the German localization.