VUWER is an application created to track stolen Apple computers. It can be used to determine the location of your missing laptop.
While VUWER is not a foolproof solution, is easy to implement and comes as a background process that automatically starts when an user logs in.
VUWER can also be used to capture, iSight images as well as the IP address of the laptop.
Here are some key features of "VUWER":
· VUWER is open source and relies on simple OS X commands
· Choose where the captured data is sent and how it can be accessed
· Remote screenshot captures
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Due to deprecation of Google Gears API, VUWER now uses Google Maps geolocation to determine latitude and longitude of a lost or stolen computer. All VUWER users should upgrade to version 1.7 to restore latitude / longitude geolocation functionality.
· Per user request, Installation Option 2 allows users to change port numbers for SSH and SCP protocols.