SecretBook is an encrypted password database for Mac OS X. It allows you to easily and safely store all those little bits of information like passwords and software licenses.
Here are some key features of "SecretBook":
· Flexible - Store passwords, user licenses and any other sensitive data that you can think of. With unlimited groups, unlimited secrets and unlimited fields you can adapt SecretBook to suit your needs. Fields can store multiple lines of data.
· Secure - SecretBook is more secure than other applications. It never decrypts an item unless it needs to. That means that information that you are not currently accessing is safely encrypted. SecretBook uses the proven AES-256 encryption algorithm.
· Active Development - Averaging more than one update per month since introduction, SecretBook is the most actively developed personal information database. This means that your purchase is protected, bugs are fixed quickly and new features are added.
· Instant Access Hud Window - With a global hotkey you can summon a password from within any application. Users of Safari and OmniWeb can also automatically fill in web password forms for quick and secure access to password protected web sites.
· One Click Copy - Simply by clicking on a field name it is copied to the clipboard. Information is available from the main window or the HUD (accessible with a hotkey). Automatic Safari form filling makes logging in to a web site even easier and safer. Features such as OnePaste protect your passwords by clearing the clipboard after one paste, ensuring minimal access by other applications.
· Spotlight - Full spotlight integration. Search from within SecretBook or from the Spotlight menu. Secrets are selected ready for use, even if SecretBook is not open.
· Drag and Drop - Full drag and drop of secrets to move between groups. You can also copy and paste secrets to add secrets that may be similar to current ones. Now with drag and drop icon images as well.
· Password Generator - Generate any number of passwords using different rules. Passwords are rated on their security.
· Import and Export - Import your existing data from a variety of formats and password managers. Export means that you are never locked in to SecretBook.
· Full Apple Help - Provides help on getting tasks done as well as file formats for import and export.
· Printing - Full printing support, you can print all secrets, the current group or groups, or just an individual secret.
· Dock Menu - Access passwords directly from the Dock.
· Without a license you will be limited to adding up to 10 secrets, but all features are enabled. There is no time limit for the demo.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Update to Sync code to fix problem with sync index getting out of step.
· Updates to support upcoming iPhone app versions.