Symantec Encryption Desktop provides trustworthy encryption for email files, ZIP files, IM and more.
Symantec Encryption Desktop comes with an intuitive interface that provides all the necessary tools to protect your confidential info, communications and files.
Furthermore, Symantec Encryption Desktop offers email security features and configuration options.options.
Symantec Encryption Desktop was redesigned and uses PGP Universal technologies in order to provide automatic decryption and encryption, digital signatures and recipient key lookup.
NOTE: To be able to use Symantec Encryption Desktop's trial version on your Mac, you will first have to register HERE.
Here are some key features of "Symantec Encryption Desktop":
· Built-in shredder
· Encrypts emails and instant messages
· Creates secure virtual volumes
· Drive Encryption
· 512 MB of RAM
· 64 MB hard disk space
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· What's New in Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3
· Symantec identity branding
· The PGP product line has been renamed. For a detailed map of old product names to new ones, refer to the Symantec Knowledgebase article TECH197084.
· Compatibility with Apple Mac OS X 10.8
· This release supports installation of Symantec Desktop Encryption, formerly known as PGP Desktop, on systems running Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
· For a list of issues that have been resolved in this release, please go to the Symantec Knowledgebase and search for TECH166098, "Symantec Encryption Desktop Resolved Issues."