The Netscape Plugin Security Wrapper manages the loading of NPAPI (Netscape Plugin API) plug-ins, and applies simple policy decisions.
Netscape Plugin Security Wrapper aims to allow administrators to deploy deprecated, unreliable or unsafe third party plug-ins while minimising the security exposure.
Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox and other NPAPI compatible browsers are supported on OS X and Linux.
All configuration happens in the file /etc/nssecurity.ini, intended to be manageable by cfengine, puppet, or other similar tools. The format is described in the sample configuration file included.
· Restrict plugins to certain domains.
· Restrict the use of deprecated plugins to known outliers.
· Allow internal corporate workflows that use insecure or deprecated plugins, without exposing the plugin to the hostile internet.
· Allow multiple outdated plugin versions (e.g. Java) to co-exist for use in whitelisted, trusted, enterprise tools.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Netscape Plugin Security Wrapper utility on your Mac are available HERE.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixes compatibility issue with Spotify.