MacTrack is a very efficient solution that provides the most comprehensive Alert Notification and Tracking technology. MacTrack is currently available for those Mac devices that have the latest Apple OS X installed.
MacTrack is highly integrated with the monitoring and feature customizations of the web-based Lost and Found Registry - a service specifically designed for Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod users, and hosted at iTrackMobile.com.
NOTE: To use MacTrack you must register for a trial license HERE.
Here are some key features of "MacTrack":
· Establishes a membership enrollment for your Mac with the Lost and Found Registry at iTrackMobile.com, directly from the devices' Desktop Screen. Membership is free.
· Unlike the web-based enrollment process, the MacTrack application allows for a simpler and unrestricted setup, utilizing features that are native to the device.
· Provides a standard Wallpaper ID image for prominent display on the device Desktop Screen to assist in the recovery of a lost unit.
· Displays customizable Alert Messages on the device screen in the event a member declares a device as 'lost'. These messages can be displayed to offer the finder more comprehensive options to return the device to the owner.
· Performs tracking functions while the app is running in background at user-selectable time intervals. Monitors activity in both On/Off-line modes (V 5.0+).
· Captures tracking information by Internet IP Addresses (both LAN and WAN), MAC Address, as well as Device Location Services (when Wi-Fi connected). This information can be useful to supplement a Police Report in an effort to recover a device that was reported as lost or stolen.
· Identifies the Internet Service Provicer (ISP).
· Monitors and records the device battery power.
· Can take snapshots using the device iSight or FaceTime camera.
· Can take screenshots of the device desktop.
· Can take sound bite recordings from the Mac default audio input device.
· Features multiple Remote Device Wipe options (MacTrack V3.0 and up only).
· Remote Lock prevents access to device Desktop unless your correct iTrackMobile Member Password is provided (MacTrack V3.0 and up only).
· Performs Remote Wipe if ten consecutively failed login attempts occur (MacTrack V3.3 and up only).
· Records the UserID under which the device operates.
· In case of theft, owner has the option to have device tracking information automatically interfaced with the largest online Investigation System in use by U.S. Law Enforcement. This feature is provided free of charge.
· All device activity is filed at the Lost and Found Registry for each device. A maximum history of 5 tracking events are stored per device with the on-line Registry. If more than 5 activity events occur, then the oldest entries are deleted to make room for the most recent ones.
· The activity history can be downloaded at any time by the member in either a CSV or KML format for import into a spreadsheet program or Google Earth, respectively. At the users option, tracking history can be expanded through a Tracking Bundle purchase (see optional features below).
· When a device is lost, a Alert Screen is displayed to enable the finder to contact the owner for the return of the unit.
· The customizable alert text can be remotely activated to speak in a synthesized voice (English only).
· The MacTrack app is purchased under a Software License agreement which has the flexibility to be managed by the Owner.
· The use of the app can be extended to devices at the discretion of the iTrack Member,e.g. the Install Base for the License can cover devices of multiple iTrack Members and is fully transferrable.
· Extensive documentation is included. Overall features of the iTrack Lost and Found Registry are described in detail throughout the website at iTrackMobile.com
· 14 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Integration of the iCircle feature to enable the sharing of device activity information among family and friends via the iTrackMobile Cloud.
· Implemented DIY Label Printing for all devices registered under an iTrackMobile Member Account.
· Fixed bug to recover from intermittent network connectivity failures.