MEO is a powerful data encryption application to encrypt or decrypt files of any type, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF documents.
MEO allows you to protect your sensitive data against un-authorized viewers by utilizing the latest data encryption technologies. Keep your documents safe and secure with this free data encryption software.
With it's no-fuss and intuitive interface, MEO lets even the most inexperienced users protect their data quickly and easily. MEO also features the ability to create self-extracting encrypted files.
This is handy for those who like the freedom to view their encrypted files and any Windows or Mac computer without the need for installing any other encryption software.
Also, many downloads now days supply a checksum or hash value for you to verify the integrity of your download. Meo allows you to create and verify MD5 checksums, SHA-1 hashes and Tiger Tree hashes.
Designed to be very easy and intuitive to use, MEO Data Encryption Software will have you up and running within minutes. All you have to do is download and perform a classic install.
Here are some key features of "MEO Encryption Software":
· Easily encrypt data from a single click of a button.
· Decrypt files that have been encrypted using MEO.
· Create self-extracting encrypted files that are accessible from any computer. All you need is the password.
· Encrypt or Decrypt entire folders of data.
· Windows Explorer popup menu integration.
· MEO will automatically log all operations to a file.
· Simple and intuitive interface.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed Meo shows 'Not responding' message after minimizing the Reboot dialog and then clicking on 'Finish' button on 'Related Programs and Extras' dialog.
· Fixed 2 hint message should only appears when user insert any password
· Fixed Meo not building on Mac
· Fixed not able to decrypt password protected files
· Fixed MEO allows to add the files with the same names.
· Fixed if compression is used then files don't move to meo file which has been ignored during compression
· Fixed Options-> "Location of Encrypted/Decrypted File:" - in any case it works as "Prompt for folder"
· Fixed Tools-> Validate Hash-> button "Create hash" - must output Hash to the Hash field
· Fixed decrypting an Encrypted with compression file decrypts one file "encrypted.zip" and forget extract this archive
· Fixed some times whole path gets created during decompression
· Fixed "-exit" does not always result in the new instance of MEO exiting after it has finished its task.
Reasons why this program is marked as ad-supported:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (NCH Software Internet Browser Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function