KeePassX is a tool designed for those of you who have extremly high demands on secure personal data management. KeePassX has a light interface, is cross platform and published under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
KeePassX saves many different information e.g. user names, passwords, urls, attachments and comments in one single database. For a better management user-defined titles and icons can be specified for each single entry.
Furthermore the entries are sorted in groups, which are customizable as well. The integrated search function allows to search in a single group or the complete database.
KeePassX offers a little utility for secure password generation.KeePassX is very fast, customizable, and easy to use. someone who generates passwords frequently will definitely appreciate this feature.
Here are some key features of "KeePassX":
Extensive management- title for each entry for its better identification:
· possibility to determine different expiration dates
· insertion of attachments
· user-defined symbols for groups and entries
· fast entry dublication
· sorting entries in groups
· search either in specific groups or in complete database
· Autofill (experimental)
· access to the KeePassX database is granted either with a password, a key-file (e.g. a CD or a memory-stick) or even both.
Automatic generation of secure passwords:
· extremly customizable password generator for fast and easy creation of secure passwords
· Precaution features- quality indicator for chosen passwords- hiding all passwords behind asterisks
Encryption- either the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or the Twofish algorithm are used:
· encryption of the database in 256 bit sized increments
Import and export of entries:
· import from PwManager (*.pwm) and KWallet (*.xml) files- export as textfile (*.txt)
Operating system independent:
· KeePassX is cross platform, so are the databases, as well
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Editing groups doesn’t work and might crash the application.