KeePassX 0.4.3 / 2.0 Alpha 6
Open source application that allows you to manage and secure personal data
KeePassX saves many different information e.g. user names, passwords, urls, attachments and comments in one single database. For a better management user-defined titles and icons can be specified for each single entry.
Furthermore the entries are sorted in groups, which are customizable as well. The integrated search function allows to search in a single group or the complete database.
KeePassX offers a little utility for secure password generation. KeePassX is very fast, customizable, and easy to use. someone who generates passwords frequently will definitely appreciate this feature.
- Extensive management- title for each entry for its better identification:
- possibility to determine different expiration dates
- insertion of attachments
- user-defined symbols for groups and entries
- fast entry dublication
- sorting entries in groups
- Search function:
- search either in specific groups or in complete database
- Autofill (experimental)
- Database security:
- access to the KeePassX database is granted either with a password, a key-file (e.g. a CD or a memory-stick) or even both.
- Automatic generation of secure passwords:
- extremly customizable password generator for fast and easy creation of secure passwords
- Precaution features- quality indicator for chosen passwords- hiding all passwords behind asterisks
- Encryption- either the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or the Twofish algorithm are used:
- encryption of the database in 256 bit sized increments
- Import and export of entries:
- import from PwManager (*.pwm) and KWallet (*.xml) files- export as textfile (*.txt)
- Operating system independent:
- KeePassX is cross platform, so are the databases, as well
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.0 Alpha 6
- Important changes:
- Add option to lock databases after user inactivity [#62]
- Add compatibility with libgcrypt 1.6 [#129]
- Display passwords in monospace font [#51]