JDigest is an open source and easy to use graphical file MD5 / SHA-1 digest calculator and verifier, written in Java for cross-platform portability.
JDigest can be run by double-clicking the .jar file and going through the wizard-style interface.
JDigest is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "JDigest":
· Two modes of operation: calculates the checksum of the given files and directories (recursively) into a digest file, and matches file checksums against a digest file
· Wizard-like GUI
· Progress indicators: size, speed and ETA, for both current file and total
· Windows Explorer and Nautilus integration
· 3 path treatment modes: full paths, relative to digest file location or relative to user-defined location
· Possibility to choose the encoding of the digest file (useful when you have a muti-cultural environment with file names using different code pages like, say, French and Japanese)
· Java 1.6 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Some minor bug fixes and UI improvements.
· Added Linux drag & drop support for digest file list dialog.
· Added an application icon. It's rubbish, but it'll do for now.
· Created an Ubuntu package (should work in other Debian based distros)