Free file digest (MD5, SHA-1) calculator and verifier
JDigest can be run by double-clicking the .jar file and going through the wizard-style interface.
JDigest is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
- Two modes of operation: calculates the checksum of the given files and directories (recursively) into a digest file, and matches file checksums against a digest file
- Wizard-like GUI
- Progress indicators: size, speed and ETA, for both current file and total
- Windows Explorer and Nautilus integration
- 3 path treatment modes: full paths, relative to digest file location or relative to user-defined location
- Possibility to choose the encoding of the digest file (useful when you have a muti-cultural environment with file names using different code pages like, say, French and Japanese)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Some minor bug fixes and UI improvements.
- Added Linux drag & drop support for digest file list dialog.
- Added an application icon. It's rubbish, but it'll do for now.
- Created an Ubuntu package (should work in other Debian based distros)