Deep Freeze Mac instantly protects and preserves baseline computer configurations. No matter what changes a user makes to a workstation, simply restart to eradicate all changes and reset the computer to its original state - right down to the last byte.
Deep Freeze helps to keep expensive computer assets running at 100% capacity and reduce the technical support time or eliminate it completely. The result is consistent trouble-free computing and a dramatic increase in computer uptime.
While Deep Freeze Mac provides bulletproof protection, its non-restrictive approach also improves user productivity and satisfaction.
By placing no restrictions on a user's ability to access all system resources, users avoid the frustration of downtime due to software conflicts, operating system corruption, misconfiguration, and many other problems. Users are always assured of computers that are consistently operable and available.
The Mac Deep Freeze edition can be deployed and controlled with Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) or the LANDesk Management Suite console.
NOTE: Mac OS X Server is also supported on Snow Leopard 10.6, Lion 10.7, and Mountain Lion 10.8.
Here are some key features of "Deep Freeze":
Retain data across reboots by mapping entire accounts or selected user and application data to an unprotected partition or drive called a ThawSpace:
· With no limit on the size or number of ThawSpaces, you can create as many as you need while still enjoying total system protection. It’s the perfect balance of control and flexibility.
Schedule Apple Updates during maintenance periods with Deep Freeze Mac’s maintenance mode:
· Just set it and forget it. Now you can relax knowing that machines are up-to-date and secure.
Central management makes it easy to deploy and manage Faronics Deep Freeze:
· Using the built-in (and free) Deep Freeze Remote console, you can start managing Deep Freeze right away. Linked directly with the Apple Remote Desktop, it’s intuitive and incredibly easy to use. It’s never been faster to send commands like wake, shut down, Freeze or Thaw.
· ARD integration requires Apple Remote Desktop version 3.2 or later.
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Thaw for Several Restarts via Deep Freeze Remote: Option to send a Thaw command to a computer so that it remains Thawed for a specified number of reboots.
· Update License Key option via Deep Freeze Remote.
· Retain ThawSpaces: ThawSpaces are automatically retained during a major upgrade or reinstall. The retained ThawSpaces location has changed from “/Volumes” to “/Library/Application Support/Faronics/Deep Freeze/ThawSpaces” so it is more accessible to the user during an upgrade or uninstall.
· Deep Freeze Remote has been updated and version number will match with product version number for subsequent releases.
· Deep Freeze status icon displayed in the Boot Control tab for visual of the Deep Freeze status.
· Deep Freeze menu bar status icon has been changed.
· Added descriptions to each tab for clarity.
· Added a confirmation dialog when there are unsaved changes in the ThawSpace and Mapping tab.