Krypton is a simple to use yet very powerful security utility that uses strong encryption (256-bit AES, CBC, HMAC-SHA256) algorithms to encrypt and protect your confidential information.
Krypton is not a password manager: it will allow you to encrypt and decrypt entire plaintext fiels (text, spreadsheets, images, recipes, emails, anything).
· Plaintext refers to any item, whether a text file, image, Word or Pages document, spreadsheet, HTML or sound file, etc., in its normal format.
· Ciphertext refers to a plaintext item that has been encrypted, and is thus unrecognizable.
· A passcode is a string of words and characters used as a key during encryption and decryption. The only way to decrypt a Krypton item is by knowing the passcode used to encrypt it.
NOTE: To buy Krypton via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Krypton":
· Encrypt plaintext and decrypt ciphertext items.
· Import plaintext and ciphertext items.
· Export ciphertext items.
· Delete ciphertext items.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add Dropbox support in lieu of iCloud, using the folder /Apps/Krypton as your ciphertext vault in the cloud.