AutoCrypt, with a unique approach, using a document based application, is a Mac OS X app that will let you save in a document all the settings used to create encrypted archives.
Using these documents it can be used for crypto batch process of files
Using AutoCrypt, a single click is enough to encrypt hundred of files from a source to another places.
Using the powerful blowfish mechanism, all the encrypted files will be totally unreadable by anyone except who knows the correct password.
The obtained encrypted files can be transmitted or stored in unsafe place without any security problem (any internet server is an unsafe place)
All the setting used to encrypt the original files, are saved inside an AutoCrypt document.
In few words an AutoCrypt document is a collection of setting used to encrypt or decrypt a collection of files.
AutoCrypt can also automatize the reveresed process, decrypting files to plain files and saving them in another places removing the .acrypt at the end of the name.
NOTE: To buy AutoCrypt via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "AutoCrypt":
· AutoCrypt can be used as a batch utility or as a desktop tool
· Save inside documents all the setting used to encrypt and decrypt group of files
· Encrypt and save in a custom place with one click or even unattended
· Can encrypt and decrypt using the same document
· Accept input via drag and drops for an immediate and easy input
· It fast and effective using multithreading technology
· Provides a standard Help system and an embedded PDF manual
· 10 days trial
· 3 files can be encrypted at the same time
· Nag Screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Sandbox release
· Now uses also the AES CommonCrypto algorithm to encrypt
· Handles both AES (256 Key length) and Blowfish algorithms
· Improved file list management
· Better check for duplicated files
· Better Drag and Drop support
· File status report
· Various bug fix