Open source and cross-platform utility that makes it very simple to quickly encrypt and decrypt text using a custom encryption key
The text ciphered using AESTextCrypt can thus be sent via e-mail or your favorite IM application without the fear of someone else along the line spying on your conversations.
Once the text arrives at its destination, it can quickly be decrypted using AESTextCrypt and the password you utilized to obfuscate it in the first place.
The AESTextCrypt application make use of the AES-256 encryption algorithm, one of the most secure encryption schemes available on the market.
What's more, it uses bcrypt, an encryption tool that employs an adaptive key setup phase and key stretching in order to provide the highest level of security.
Furthermore, because AESTextCrypt has been developed using Java, it can be used to encrypt and decrypt text on all operating systems that come with support for the Java runtime (e.g. MAc OS X, Windows, Linux).
- Text encryption and decryption
- AES-256 encryption algorithm
- Adaptive key stretching for preventing brute force decryption
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Bug fix: reduced key used when not necessary
- Removed unnecessary debug message
- Removed version of jar without crypto function jar - not needed