A great slide show screensaver.
ArtSaver is a free screensaver similar to the built-in Slide Show screensaver on Mac OS X, but with a lot more options and features than the default one.
- Keeps a persistent list of all the images found in the specified directory tree. This allows the screen saver to handle huge directory trees, and still have the benefit of displaying images immediately, and, not "exercising" the disk every time it gets invoked.
- Options include:
- the speed of the gradual zoom-in and -out;
- the duration for how long an image is displayed before the next one;
- whether or not the path of the image currently being displayed should be displayed, too.
- You can specify constraints for excluding images from being displayed:
- the minimal size in pixels;
- the minimal size in bytes;
- a list of file patterns; if the path of an image matches one of the patterns, it gets excluded.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New features:
- ArtSaver can handle multiple monitors (screens), i.e., it will store different preferences for each screen; in particular, this will allow you to display different image lists on different screens. (For this to work, you must uncheck "Main screen only" in System Preferences / Screen Savers!)
- There is a deliberate offset between the two (or more) screens, in order to prevent disk fighting in the case all screen savers have the same duration per image. (In that case ArtSaver would have to load the new images at the same time for all screens.)
- Keyboard input (pause, forward, backward, show in Finder) goes to all screens simultaneously.