fping is an open source and command line based application that allows its users to send ICMP echo probes to network hosts, similar to the ping command.
fping is very similar to ping but it outperforms it when it has to work with multiple hosts.
fping is a cross-platform application that can be used on multiple platforms, including Mac OS X.
How to install and run: Unarchive, open a Terminal window, go to fping's folder and run the following commands from the command line:
· Apple Xcode (to build from source)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix sprint_tm buffer size crash (reported by Japheth Cleaver)
· Addded -D flag to print timestamps (Toke Høiland-Jørgensen)
· Fix fping6 build on OS X 10.8 (unknown contributor)
· Fix compatibility issue with FreeBSD (Alexandre Raynaud, Jason Harris, #39)
· Fping.spec: fix setuid permissions and provides fping6 (Marcus Vinicius Ferreira)
· Re-create configure script with autoconf 2.69 for aarch64 support (Chuck Anderson, #45)