RAIDaid is a visual tool that helps you plan the optimum RAID (redundant array of independent disks) configuration for your RAID storage system.
RAIDaid has an easy to use interface that allows you to view disk arrays in all popular RAID formats. You can now plan your RAID setup and configuration even if you don't have a RAID.
· Quickly determine the best configuration for your RAID system
· Mix and match different RAID levels to suit your needs
· Save time - know the right configuration before you start formatting your RAID
Here are some key features of "RAIDaid":
- Easy to use interface.
- All popular RAID levels including 0, 1, 3, 5, and hybrid RAID levels.
- Incorporates Hot Spare and JBOD.
- Calculates RAID capacity automatically.
- User definable disk capacities, and format overheads.
- Displays Efficiency, Tolerance and Loss Before Failure values.
- Examines best and worst case scenarios for redundancy and availability.
- Can be used for any RAID system using 7+7 controller configuration.
- You can only build two hardware RAID LUNs, and one software LUN using RAID levels 0, 1 and 5.
- Save and Print are disabled.
- RAIDaid is now compiled for OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)