NetSpot is a handy wireless survey application that allows you to view, analyze and collect Wi-Fi data using your Mac.
NetSpot can be used to view the wireless network by building a unique, visual Wi-Fi map that allows you to see the dead zones without coverage.
You can also use NetSpot as a wireless network planner, build a heat map of your network and find the optimal configuration.
NOTE: To buy NetSpot via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "NetSpot":
· View your wireless network
· Wireless network planner
· Analyze Wi-Fi coverage
· Standard 802.11a/b/g/n wireless network adapters
· 64-bit processor
· Some features like active scanning, professional visualization and advanced network management are disabled.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New major features:
· Refreshed and sleek new user interface
· Wireless Discovery Mode: easily identify surrounding Wi-Fi networks
· Troubleshooting Advice: NetSpot now provides advice on how to solve the most common Wi-Fi network issues
· [PRO] Active Scanning
· [PRO] Multi-Floor Scanning
· [PRO] Zone Snapshots
· [PRO] Hidden Network Scanning
· [PRO] Autosave
· [PRO] Advanced Export
Updates, enhancements and improvements:
· Any data point may now be deleted at any time during the scan
· If the location of an AP isn't quite right, it can now be moved with just a click.
· [PRO] Active Scanning Visualizations
· [PRO] Automated Troubleshooting Visualizations: Six special troubleshooting visualizations highlight areas of potential problems and provide recommendations
· [PRO] Advanced Network Grouping
· [PRO] Now you can assign custom aliases to your APs to better manage your hotspots
· [PRO] Environment-Based Project Presets
· More informative map i...