Cross-platform and simple to use client-server messaging system designed for building dynamic distributed applications from scratch
Furthermore, MUSCLE is used as a networking component of numerous applications like CueStation, BeShare, CueConsole and many other audio control applications.
Thanks to MUSCLE you can easily send messages from one computer to another over TCP streams, run a muscled server on your Mac, send messaged under any operating system and more.
Note: Detailed installation and usage instructions are available in the HOWTOBUILD.txt files located inside the muscle ZIP file.
- Compatible with numerous operating systems
- Send messages over TCP streams
- Customizable built-in 'muscled server'
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- The DetectNetworkConfigChangesSession class now has ComputerIsAboutToSleep() and puterJustWokeUp() callback methods that are called at the times indicated by their names. Currently this functionality is implemented only under MacOS/X and Windows.
- Added work-arounds for gcc-3.x SFINAE incompatibilities to MuscleSupport.h
- Updated the muscle.dox file using doxygen -u so that it is now up-to-date (as of DOxygen 1.8.8)
- If a string like "for 10 seconds" was passed to ParseHumanReadableTimeIntervalString(), the "for" prefix would cause the returned value to be twice what it was expected to be. Fixed.