Secure web server with security features that no other web server has
The application has been successfully compiled on platforms such as Mac OS X, Debian, Gentoo, Fedora, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and Cygwin.
- Request methods:
- HTTP codes:
- 200 OK
- 201 Created.
- 204 No Content
- 206 Partial Content
- 301 Moved Permanently
- 302 Found
- 304 Not Modified
- 400 Bad Request
- 401 Unauthorized
- 403 Forbidden
- 404 Not Found
- 405 Method Not Allowed
- 408 Request Timeout
- 411 Length Required
- 412 Precondition Failed
- 413 Request Entity Too Large
- 416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable
- 500 Internal Server Error
- 501 Not Implemented
- 503 Service Unavailable
- 505 HTTP Version Not Supported
- Access/connection control
- CGI support (including PHP)
- CGI wrapper (run CGI under a diffrerent uid/gid in a secure way)
- Chunked Transfer-encoding
- CommandChannel (control Hiawatha by telnetting to a special port)
- Cookie support
- Cross-site scripting prevention
- Customizable ServerString
- Directory listing with customizable stylesheet
- DoS/flooding protection
- FastCGI support (load-balanced)
- GZip Content-Encoding support
- HTTP authentication (basic and digest)
- If-(Un)Modified-Since header field
- Interface binding control
- Internal file caching
- IPv6 support
- Keep-alive connections
- Large file support
- Request pipelining
- Range header field (single range support)
- Referer control for images (prevent external image linking)
- SSL support
- SQL injection prevention
- Traffic throttling/shaping (control uploadspeed)
- URL rewriting via regular expressions
- Userdirectory support
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added support for CGI statistics in Hiawatha Monitor.
- MonitorRequests and MonitorStatsInterval option removed.
- Added support for Origin HTTP header to prevent CSRF.
- EnforceFirstHostname option added.