WiFi Signal is a menu bar based and user-friendly OS X app that will allow you to keep an eye on your Wi-Fi connection's signal quality.
WiFi Signal will help you obtain quick and easy access to your Wi-Fi connection details such as SSID, BSSID, signal (RSSI) and noise levels, channel, transmit rate, as well as Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) to swiftly identify possible causes for low signal quality, connectivity problems or overall poor performance.
WiFi Signal is capable of automatically recommending alternative channels for your 2.4 GHz network thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts, to reduce connectivity problems and increase performance.
NOTE: To download WiFi Signal via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "WiFi Signal":
· Simple, straightforward user interface.
· Accurate dBm to percentage (%) conversion scale.
· Runs in Snow Leopard and Lion.
· Signal quality ratings based on Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) measurements.
· Wi-Fi network card
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A new green icon and a few bug fixes.