Froq is still a work in progress, but now available to the public as a PUBLIC BETA, to allow for public testing.
Froq is, as the abbreviations tells us, a tool for rapid Oracle querying, it's a Mac OS X application providing easy access to Oracle databases. Froq will provide a intuitive and fast interface to your database.
By providing some unique searching features, Froq allows you to browse through your data in fast and easy fashion. While the 'Quickfilter' allows you to simplify the search for specific data, the 'CrossQuery' feature allows you to jump from table to table to quickly find any related data.
Next too these simplified browsing features, Froq offers an SQL input area allowing you to execute any SQL you desire. Froq offers a plan table, to analyse how Oracle will execute your statements, options to export data, re-format SQL and many more.
For the DBA-er or database analysist the Froq Management Window, can help find any database problems. Froq offers in inside in database information and settings, an overview of all sessions, locks as well as long operations. For every running session Froq can display detailed session information.
Froq is currently available in English and in Dutch.
Here are some key features of "Froq":
· The 'Quickfilter', available for every table you browse, is an easy and fast way to query your data. What is does is simply adding a 'where-clause' to the query returning all data for that specific table.
· The searching ability can be used to find the tables you want to view as well as the data inside the table itself. On the right you'll see an example where on the left we did a searched for tables with an 'e', selected the EMP table, used the QuickFilter to find employee 'clark' and edited it's content.
· 'CrossQuery' is a fast way to use data you find in your current table and use it to query another. It uses the tables constraints to select a set of related tables.
· Connection handling
· Froq not only maintains a comprehensive list of all your previous connection, allowing you to easily reconnect to your database, it also uses your systems keychain to store your passwords.
· SQL Editor
The Froq SQL editor, allows you to run any SQL command you want. In one click it allows you to execute the code at the cursor, or optionally execute the whole contents as an SQL script. But it provides more:
· Syntax coloring
· Syntax formatting
· Word completion, using your actual context.
· Exporting query as code (At the moment only as generic Java code)
· Plan Table Analyses
· Froq System Management
· The Froq management window, gives you insight in database settings, sessions, locks and long operations. It provides detailed session information. It can help you identify bottlenecks or performance problems within your database.
· PowerPC G4, G5 / Intel processor
· Java 1.5 or later
· An Oracle JDBC driver
· Access to an Oracle 8 or newer database
· 25-day trial
· The Froq download contains the full application, except for the JDBC drivers, bundled help documentation describes where to obtain those Oracle drivers.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Completed Retina Macbook compatibility
· Added Developer-ID for Mountain Lion's GateKeeper
· IMPORTANT: As of Froq 2.4 Froq is Intel only and requires Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
· Instability when executing some specific SQL scripts
· Improved responsiveness during resultset preloading
· Various stability improvements